The Stop ACH Electronic Payment Request is for any of these reasons:
- To stop all future payments.
- To stop a one-time payment only.
- To stop a series of payments - that have yet to occur or are still to be debited from your account.
To stop an electronic payment:
- In the Navigation menu, click Account Services > Stop Electronic Payment.
- Then select the account on which you would like to stop the payment from the dropdown menu.
- Choose whether it is a one-time stop or a permanent stop for recurring payments
- Then fill out the name of the company, the date of the electronic payment and the amount you wish to stop the payment for, and click submit.
The stop payment request must be received by the Credit Union at least three business days prior to the scheduled debit transaction date. Please note that you cannot stop an electronic payment that was used at the point of sale, such as from a retail establishment. This means that if you purchased something with a debit card, you cannot stop payment on the transfer.