Internet Explorer is no longer supported

We recommend upgrading to the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Firefox.

Holiday Closure Notice: Memorial Day (May 29, 2023)
In recognition of Memorial Day, our branches and internal Contact Center will be closed on Monday, May 29, 2023. Digital Banking, automated phone banking, and our ATMs will be available for your convenience. Normal business hours will resume Tuesday, May 30, 2023.
Convenience Services

Mortgage Foreclosure Resources

Financial difficulties can strike at any time, leaving members struggling to keep up with their bills. If you are facing a mortgage foreclosure on your primary residence or rental properties, The Police Credit Union is ready to discuss options for avoiding foreclosure.

We work with members falling behind on mortgages or home equity loans to explore options such as loan modifications, loan repayment plans, loan extensions, and refinances.

HUD Counseling

Housing & Urban Development (HUD) also provides counseling to members delinquent on their mortgage. To find a HUD-certified housing counseling agency near you, please call 800.569.4287 for assistance.

You also can access mortgage foreclosure resources from the Federal Reserve and contact other California foreclosure intervention counselors.

The Police Credit Union’s Alternatives to Foreclosure

Step 1

Before contacting us about foreclosure alternatives, you’ll need to gather specific documents to present to our representatives. All borrowers listed on the current mortgage must present this documentation.

  • Your most recent pay stub(s), covering a 30-day period
  • Your last two years’ employer W-2 forms
  • Your hazard insurance and property tax bills for all property owned
  • Non-The Police Credit Union savings account statements showing three months’ balances
  • A letter explaining your current financial position

If you own rental property, please present the following:

  • Your last two years’ personal tax returns, all schedules or
  • Your current rental agreements for each rental property

If you are self-employed, please present the following:

  • A complete copy of your last two years’ federal tax returns, all schedules
  • A year-to-date profit and loss statement with balance sheet
  • A complete copy of your last two years’ business returns (1065s, 1120S or 1120, if applicable)
  • Your last two years’ K-1s, if applicable

Please note that additional documentation may be needed and requested after our initial review.

Step 2

Call us at 800.222.1391 or 415.564.3800 with your documents ready to present to The Police Credit Union representative, and we will explore various options based on your financial situation. If you wish to have an agent act on your behalf, please complete and return the Borrower Designation of Representation form to this address:

The Police Credit Union
2550 Irving Street
San Francisco, CA 94122

Then have your representative contact us immediately.

This notice is provided in accordance with California Civ.Code d2923.5(g)(5). Please be advised that The Police Credit Union reserves the right to accept or deny any request for foreclosure avoidance in its sole and absolute discretion. The approval of The Police Credit Union of any option to avoid foreclosure is on a case by case basis and merely calling the The Police Credit Union to discuss possible alternatives to foreclosure does not guarantee that you will be approved.