We are here to help you protect your home and future
We work with members falling behind on mortgages or home equity loans to explore options such as loan modifications, loan repayment plans, loan extensions, and refinances.
Housing & Urban Development (HUD) also provides counseling to members delinquent on their mortgage. To find a HUD-certified housing counseling agency near you, please call 800.569.4287 for assistance.
You also can access mortgage foreclosure resources from the Federal Reserve Mortgage and Foreclosure Resources page.
The Police Credit Union’s Alternatives to Foreclosure
Before contacting us about foreclosure alternatives, you’ll need to gather specific documents to present to our representatives. All borrowers listed on the current mortgage must present this documentation.
- Your most recent pay stub(s), covering a 30-day period
- Your last two years’ employer W-2 forms
- Your hazard insurance and property tax bills for all property owned
- Non-The Police Credit Union savings account statements showing three months’ balances
- A letter explaining your current financial position
If you own rental property, please present the following:
- Your last two years’ personal tax returns, all schedules or
- Your current rental agreements for each rental property
If you are self-employed, please present the following:
- A complete copy of your last two years’ federal tax returns, all schedules
- A year-to-date profit and loss statement with balance sheet
- A complete copy of your last two years’ business returns (1065s, 1120S or 1120, if applicable)
- Your last two years’ K-1s, if applicable
Please note that additional documentation may be needed and requested after our initial review.
Please look for the "We're here to help" section below for the best way to contact us. Contact us with your documents ready to present to The Police Credit Union representative, and we will explore various options based on your financial situation.
We're Here to Help
Other ways to connect with us
Call us at 800.222.1391 or find a branch location, by clicking the button below.Our Locations
Meet with us virtually
Schedule an appointment or meet a member of our Virtual Branch team from your computer, laptop, or mobile deviceVisit our Virtual Branch
Virtual Branch Hours
Monday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. PST
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., 12:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. PST
This notice is provided in accordance with California Civ.Code d2923.5(g)(5). Please be advised that The Police Credit Union reserves the right to accept or deny any request for foreclosure avoidance in its sole and absolute discretion. The approval of The Police Credit Union of any option to avoid foreclosure is on a case by case basis and merely calling the The Police Credit Union to discuss possible alternatives to foreclosure does not guarantee that you will be approved.
External Link Alert
You are leaving our website and linking to an alternative website not operated by us. The Credit Union does not endorse or guarantee the products, information, or recommendations provided by third-party vendors or third-party linked sites.